If you are concerned that a friend, relative or colleague has swine flu, you should advise them to: ·
- Stay at home
- Check their symptoms as soon as possible on www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ or below
- Call the Flu Line for advice on 0800 1 513100
- Do not contact your GP unless told to do so by the Flu Line advisors
- Advise them not to go to A&E unless they are seriously ill.
If you do experience symptoms, you can help yourself by staying at home, following the advice above, resting, drinking plenty of fluids and taking over the counter flu remedies to relieve symptoms.
If your condition worsens you should contact the Flu Line.
Before contacting the Flu Line please check if you have:-
A fever over 38˚c
and two or more of the following symptoms:-
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Limb/Joint pain
- Headache or a significant underlying illness.
Alternatively you can check your symptoms on http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/