· Extension plans to include a room close to reception for patients making Choose and Book referrals with a Medical Secretary. This room can also be used for patients at reception who need to speak to someone privately. It will be made clear to staff that this room is only to be used for these purposes.
PRACTICE CLEANING & INFECTION CONTROL
· Alcohol gel to be made available by every door for patients and staff to use. To be discussed with the architect.
· Admin staff to be predominantly based in the Waterhouse building to ensure clinical services are maximised in the new Coach House space.
· The Practice will review the cleaning process, audit and resources for the extended building.
· Hand washing for staff will be reviewed annually as part of Infection Control requirements.
DISABILITY/ PATIENT CARE
· The Practice will take into account that there should be a contrast in colour against the floor for patients with limited sight (i.e. chair colour should contrast with the floor colour).
· Chairs with arms will be made available in the waiting area for patients with limited mobility.
· The type of font used for signage will be suitable for patients with visual impairments.
· Practice Brand – the Practice to consider using the same logo and colour for communication on the Practice internet site and for all other practice communication.
· Walk ways for patient circulation from the waiting area to be adequate for wheelchair users
· The screen between reception and the patient waiting area to be kept transparent so that receptionist can see into the waiting area. To be discussed with the architect.
· The Practice will review plans for external walkways to ensure that they are non slip and well lit for patients.
· The Practice will review the quantity and location of disabled parking spaces. The Practice will contact the Council regarding using the spaces outside of the Coach House building for disabled parking – The Patient Participation Group support this idea.
· Review the option of having a buggy park adjacent to the bicycle area. This will be discussed with the architects.
· It has been agreed with the Patient Participation Group that the phone system will be reviewed when the current contract is due to come to an end in 2015, and we will consult with the patients about this during the review process.
· In the meantime the practice has installed a local 01625 number which works with the current phone system. When using the 01625 number during busy times patients may hear an engaged tone if all the telephone lines are busy.
· Details of the 01625 number have been made available to patients via the newsletter, patient leaflet...etc. We will review how we advertise this to patients.
FURTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND PRACTICE FEEDBACK
· The plans for the extension will be made available for patients to see in the practice reception area after Easter 2013.
· It was agreed that due to budget limitations the options of having a separate specimen collection area is not feasible.
· The Practice is also unable to extend the car park at present due to financial constraints.
· GP appointment availability was mentioned in the survey results. We are currently limited with appointments by the lack of clinical rooms and the GP's are running 3 surgeries from each room every day, so room use is currently at capacity. We are also using a room at Waters Green Medical Centre when there is availability. Hopefully this will become easier when the extension is finished. We appointed a new full time GP Partner in September, so we have actually increased our GP surgeries, but at times we can not feel the full benefits of this due to the room constraints. We will conduct an access review in Spring 2013 to understand the current number of routine appointments and patient demand.